Thursday, July 22, 2010
Strawberry Fudge Pie
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (you might not use all of it, don't over fill pie crust)
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on package for one-crust filled pie.
2. In large bowl, combine all brownie layer ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Spread in bottom of crust-lined pan.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiny and center is set. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg; beat until smooth. Working quickly, drop cream cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over partially baked brownies; carefully spread to cover brownie layer. Bake an additional 18 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese is set. Cool at least 1 hour.
5. Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time. Immediately before serving, place ice cream topping in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on DEFROST for 45 seconds. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): For brownie layer, see package for directions. Before baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake as directed above.
Optional: You can leave the strawberries off, and just drizzle the fudge topping over the pie.