Monday, May 18, 2009
2 rolls (16.5 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
1 3/4 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup butter
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 tablespoons caramel topping (Optional)
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up 1 roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in 3/4 cup of the oats, 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla until well blended. With floured fingers, press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan to form crust.
2. Bake 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in same bowl, break up remaining roll of cookie dough. Stir or knead in remaining 1 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. In large heavy saucepan, heat caramels, butter and condensed milk over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth. (Becareful not to burn)
4. Spread caramel mixture evenly over crust. Crumble remaining dough mixture evenly over caramel. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool 1 hour. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen bars. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
5. With small spoon, drizzle caramel topping over bars. Store in refrigerator
Serve with vanilla ice cream.
2 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup coconut, if desired
2 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
Heat oven to 325°F. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Stir in coconut.
2. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish, break up one package of cookie dough. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Crumble and sprinkle second package of cookie dough over cream cheese mixture.
3. Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until chilled. Store in refrigerator.