Thursday, July 22, 2010
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 pkg. fudge brownie mix (you might not use all of it, don't over fill pie crust)
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons water
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
2 tablespoons hot fudge ice cream topping
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie pan as directed on package for one-crust filled pie.
2. In large bowl, combine all brownie layer ingredients; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Spread in bottom of crust-lined pan.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is shiny and center is set. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1 egg; beat until smooth. Working quickly, drop cream cheese mixture by small spoonfuls over partially baked brownies; carefully spread to cover brownie layer. Bake an additional 18 to 20 minutes or until cream cheese is set. Cool at least 1 hour.
5. Arrange strawberry halves, cut side down, over top of cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 1 hour or until serving time. Immediately before serving, place ice cream topping in small microwave-safe dish. Microwave on DEFROST for 45 seconds. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pie. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): For brownie layer, see package for directions. Before baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake as directed above.
Optional: You can leave the strawberries off, and just drizzle the fudge topping over the pie.
10 uncooked oven ready lasagna noodles
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, slightly drained
1 tsp. cajun seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 bag (12 oz) frozen cooked deveined peeled miniature/tiny shrimp (tails off), thawed, rinsed and drained
1/2 lb smoked sausage kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices, cut in half
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix tomatoes together, add cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Spread 1 cup of the tomatoes in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Top with 5 noodles, overlapping slightly as needed. Layer with half each of the remaining tomatoes, the shrimp, sausage, Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
3. Cover dish with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until center is hot and bubbly. Uncover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with parsley.
Note: If you like it Spicy try a Spicy Sausage.
1 lb. bacon
1 (11-oz.) can Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crusty French Loaf
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz. (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
2 oz. thinly sliced cooked deli turkey
2 oz. thinly sliced cooked deli ham
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel; crumble.
2. Unroll dough. Sprinkle cheese over dough. Top with turkey, ham and bacon. Starting with long side, roll up dough; press edges to seal. Make 3 to 4 slits in top of loaf. Place on sprayed cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch diagonal slices.
Optional: Use Turkey bacon.
1 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled tortilla chips or Dorito Chips
5-6 chicken breasts diced and cooked
1 can 15oz corn (optional)
1 can black beans
3/4 cup Old El Paso Salsa
1/2 can of Campbells cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of Campbells cheese soup
1/2 cup sliced pitted ripe olive
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Chopped green or red pepper
Ad the crumbled chips to the bottome of a 13x9 casserole dish.
Combine the soups, salsa, corn, beans, chicken together. Salt and Pepper to taste. Pour over chips, then top with cheese and olives.
Bake at 350°F. for 45 minutes or until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Top with the pepper (optional). Serve with the chips.